FTP bootloader server is included in all summit devices with Ethernet capability.
How to enable FTP bootloader server
Look for the register 0x5EDE; 0x00 - Force FTP mode and write a 0x424F4F54 ("BOOT" in ASCII)
An external tool with an EtherCAT master is required such as TwinCAT
- The drive will reboot. Both status link will blink slowly once the drive enters in FTP bootloader mode
Write the correct password 0x424F4F54 ("BOOT" in ASCII) in CANopen dictionary register (0x5EDE, 0x00) - Force Boot.
An external tool with a CANopen master is required
- The drive will reboot and enter in bootloader.
How to update a drive through FTP
Follow the next steps to update a summit device.
- Go to the folder where the .sfu file is located
- Open cmd terminal on this folder
- Make sure that the ethernet cable is connected to the drive Port 0
Make sure that the ethernet network ip is 192.168.2.1 (or in the network 255.255.255.0)
The IP for the Ethernet port 0 of a summit drive in "FTP mode" is 192.168.2.22
Make sure that the firewall is not blocking the connection
Disabling firewall on windows 10
Write the next command on the cmd:
The next message should appear:
- For .sfu files -> User: Ingenia - > Password: Ingenia
- You should see the next message:
Use the next command to load the file:
If the transmission starts you will see the messages:
If these messages don't appear, you might need to disable the network firewall for public networks.
Wait until the transmission finished appears (it can take several minutes):
- Wait some seconds until the board is restarted (wait until the LED red turns off).
- Board will be reset automatically.
- The firmware has been updated.